Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Stanford

Larry,

Hi ho. Remember how I was telling you that I filled out a questionnaire about Stanford on iTunes? Here it is. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Hey, you live in California. Pull some strings, my bro.

I believe that you should offer something of a reward to those students of learning that listen to your online lectures. What, do you ask? I feel that the decent thing to do would be to offer them a distance learning degree or an honorary degree of some sort. Set a goal for the number of hours that one must reach and then, when they've completed the requirements, give them a degree. Don't you give out honorary degrees for celebrities? Why not people like me? I'm not good enough? I haven't been in a blockbuster summer movie? Big deal. I bet you anything I'm smarter than Rob Schneider. Have you seen any of his movies?

Keep up the good work. I'm enjoying the lectures. I'll keep you posted on my progress. But if you decide that you want to offer these remote learning degrees, and you want to keep it on the DL, I'll keep quiet. I'll just hang it in my study with the other two degrees...that I bought on eBay. Just kidding. I earned them. Not from such an esteemed college as Stanford, but an accredited university nonetheless.

Paul Little

ps. I wrote this a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything so I'm guessing I won't be the first to receive their Distance Learning Degree from Stanford. Who needs 'em? Maybe I'll just talk to Berkley. They are probably more open-minded anyway.

Later,

Paul

No comments: