Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Little Break

Larry,

Hey again. I just wanted to remind you that you are invited to the wedding and to let you know that if you don't want to make the trip from California, you can always elect to simply send a gift. I'm thinking, Prius, but whatever you want to do is fine by me. Personally, I wouldn't want to go either. Weddings are just painful. I often think back fondly to the best wedding that I ever attended. This was more than 10 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. The ceremony lasted all of ten minutes. Now that's the way a wedding should be. Short and sweet. Most marriages don't last long so why put everybody through a long and painful ceremony? It just makes sense to cut it short. People dread the ceremony and only suffer through that for the reception. At least, that's always been my position. Hopefully, ours won't be that painful.

Anna and I were talking about the ceremony itself and we were thinking of ways to make it a little more interesting. I suggested that in the middle of the vows, I pull out a long serrated knife and ceremoniously cut each others palms. Then have the priestess tie our hands together with a scarf or something. That idea, while Anna did find it amusing, was vetoed almost immediately.

Anyway, there are no live links yet on our wedding site yet, you can check it out if you want to hear an excellent Barry White song that Anna swears has a ten-minute long intro. See for yourself. I miss Ally McBeal.

We'll be updating the site this weekend. Hopefully.

Prius.

Talk to you soon,

Paul

No comments: